west elm/connect homes!

last month i had the pleasure of meeting jared and gordon from connect homes, two amazing architects who have spent the past 4 years designing eco friendly, pre-fab homes. they asked if i would help them decorate one of their spaces along with west elm, one of my favorite retailers, for the dwell on design show this weekend- a total no brainer of course- and so we began!

my task was to implement a few key pieces from west elm and mix it in with some amazing vintage finds, right up my alley! with such a fabulous space to work with, and great pieces to choose from, i set out to create an eclectic mix that was livable, fun, hip, and inviting. after many nights of shopping ebay till the wee hours of the night, well technically, early mornings (4am!), i came up with some inspiration boards that detailed the master plan. since i hadnt seen the home yet, (it was still being built), i had to really rely on plans,  elevations and boards to make sure it all worked out well!

i think it turned out pretty well, hope you agree! xo

in la this weekend? come check it out at the dwell on design show today through sunday!

**photos by bethany nauert

12 comments on “west elm/connect homes!

1. Rachel on said:

Where can I find that wooden bed frame? Thank you!

2. Prabath Jayalatharachchi on said:

Very usefull Kishani. BTW are you from SriLanka?

3. Shannon bell on said:

Hi! Can you please tell me the name of the plant in the bedroom. I love love love it! Thank you!

4. Kelly Smith on said:

Where is the headboard throw from? Love it!

• danielle on said:

hi kelly! apologies for not seeing this sooner! it is an african mud cloth and we currently have one in our shop!

5. Alexis Rutland on said:

Can you give me the source for the textile draped on the headboard? Love this home!

• danielle on said:

hi alexis, thank you for your comment! this textile is an african mudcloth, and we have an almost identical one in our shop right now!

6. Greetings, please could you share with me the brand / source / www of where to get the statement making matt black plant pot, located bedside with the banana leaf tree in it….Its perfectly striking and wonderful!!!! Thank YOU in advance :)

• danielle on said:

hi zena, the planter is from west elm, but because we completed this project years ago I do not think they carry it any longer! so sorry!